Place of work
Closing date for applications
September 30, 2021
Role of the compensation analyst
The Compensation Analyst provides the consultant with research, compilation and analysis of financial and compensation data from management proxy circulars and from compensation data banks. Also participates in the analysis of issues / problems to be solved in pay equity, job evaluation, salary structure and short-term and long-term incentive plan mandates. Prepares assessment tools and training materials based on client needs and drafts reports for meetings with clients.
The Compensation Analyst:
- Researches companies to make-up the appropriate compensation comparator group;
- Matches positions with generic data bank descriptions and proxy circular positions;
- Compiles, analyzes and synthesizes financial and compensation data; and,
- Participates in the implementation of pay equity programs;
- Participates in the development of compensation structures and determines the financial and human impacts of proposed structures;
- Participates in the development of subsidy schemes and performs simulations required;
- Prepares draft reports based on the established work plans.
The Compensation Analyst must demonstrate:
- Business acumen;
- Mathematics’, statistics’ and writing abilities;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Interest for the evolution of compensation trends (including legal, tax and governance/disclosure regulations);
- Interest for consulting (listen to and understand the clients’ need and challenges, identify, quantify and qualify the alternatives, report results and their impacts comprehensively and concisely; develop client relations;
- Commitment to his/her personal and professional development.
- Combination Bachelor/Master’s degree :
- Finance or Actuarial or Mathematics or Economy;
- Human ressources or Management.
- Knowledge and interest for North-American business;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel software (rapid and efficient) and a good knowledge of Word and Powerpoint;
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (oral and written grammar).
Abilities and Behaviours
- Strong analytical, integration and synthetic skills
- Capability to analyze, to interpret and to link numbers and statistics and communication their implications
- ntellectual curiosity and interest to develop consulting competencies
- Rigour and care for quality and accuracy
- Sound thinking process and syntax, in both French and English
- Autonomy and responsibility in work, sense of urgency, tolerance with ambiguity, intellectual agility (capacity to rapidly adapt to diverse work environments and culture))
- Maturity and judgement
- Poise, people skills, team and collaboration spirit, and a sense of humour!
PCI offers a competitive salary (salary and annual bonus) as well as a range of benefits, including a work-life balance.
The use of the masculine gender has been adopted to lighten the text and is not intended to be discriminatory. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.